Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad

Ipad pencil not charging- re paired with ipad, no battery indicator showing in widgets window, pencil 2 years old, has had little use. suggestions? Thanks

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 12:10 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2018 1:47 PM in response to jerardrw

If you never kept the Apple Pencil constantly charged for that two year period, your Apple Pencil’s Li-ion battery is dead and the Apple Pencil is dead.

You will need to purchase a new one.

The “always ON and active” nature of the Apple Pencil (no ON/OFF button and no sleep mode in the Apple Pencil ) means that you need to constantly keep the Apple Pencil regularly charged up.

If you let the battery drain completely and just left in that way for ONLY 3-4 days or longer in that state, the Apple Pencil’s battery will just completely fail/die.

This is just one of the many design flaws that makes me loathe the whole design of the Apple Pencil and why I feel the Apple Pencil was designed as a afterthought accessory and not designed as an initial forethought accessory for the iPad Pro model lineup.

Apple REALLY needs to design a brand new Apple Pencil 2, IMSO.

I use a third party, Adonit Pixel/Pixel Pro stylus (http://www.adonit.net/pixel-pro/ ), that has given my very good performance, better build quality, magnetic charging and has automatic shutdown and has 14-16 hours of use on a 1 hour charge and has a 30 day standby time before needing to be charged.

Been using the original Pixel with my 1st gen 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro for just over two years, now!

ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.