Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone number being used by another person with imessage

My fiancé uses an Android and recently changed his phone number. We realized he isn’t receiving messages from iPhones unless they turn off iMessage. I have an iPhone and my iMessages are going to some random person who is no help and is getting mad. How is it even possible that his phone number is being used by another person on iMessage??! I have entered his number on apples website to deregister it from iMessage but we don’t get the text to confirm. I called Apple support and they had no ideas. This is a huge Apple mistake/issue but I can’t get any solutions. I have searched the internet but can’t figure anything else to try. We don’t want to change his number and shouldn’t have to. Any ideas??

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 12:13 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 12:49 PM in response to Knixole

I don't believe it is possible to deregister someone else's phone number (at least without his permission). That would explain why you are not getting a confirmation code - it is going to his phone, not yours. I am going by this article:

Get help if you can't deregister iMessage - Apple Support

That being said, I don't know how this could be happening short of simply sending the iMessage to the wrong phone number. Are you sure you have the correct phone number for your fiancé? (When you say 'his number' do you mean your fiancé or the other person?) I am also guessing for the deregistration process to work, it has to be an iPhone - not an Android. I agree you should not have to change his number, but I also don't have any ideas other that if it has something to do with his cell phone provider.

Feb 26, 2018 3:01 PM in response to javaliga

Yes it shouldn’t be possible to deregister somebody else’s number. But that’s exactly the frustrating part, this is OUR number now and it’s an Apple glitch that is allowing some other person to still be using it. Yes I have the correct number. My fiancé sends messages to me just fine and to other friends just fine. I work for Verizon, I’m proficient enough with phones to know I have the correct number lol. Thanks for trying to help!

My phone number being used by another person with imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.