Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to add fonts to my Font Book. What is a reliable source for them?

I want to add new fonts. What is a reliable source to download from?

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:26 AM

Have you opened the Mac App Store and done a search for "Fonts" there? There are a lot of various Font products from free ones to ones you purchase.

Personally, I prefer, if possible, to only download items from the App Store, with the exception of programs that are vendor-specific like Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, etc. Since those are from well-known reputable companies, I feel comfortable downloading their products.

Cheers,

GB

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 5:26 AM in response to margot0550

Have you opened the Mac App Store and done a search for "Fonts" there? There are a lot of various Font products from free ones to ones you purchase.

Personally, I prefer, if possible, to only download items from the App Store, with the exception of programs that are vendor-specific like Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, etc. Since those are from well-known reputable companies, I feel comfortable downloading their products.

Cheers,

GB

Feb 28, 2018 12:09 AM in response to margot0550

margot0550 wrote:

Thanks, If they are more trustworthy that is great to know.

Any time you wish to add software to your Mac, your best bet is to download that software from the App Store. Oftentimes, folks who have download from sites or companies that they are not personally familiar with result in that person getting more than they bargained for.

If you feel comfortable with a particular site, then there is no reason not to use software that meets your needs.

However, I would caution you against venturing onto sites (and downloading anything from them), unless they are either widely known (like Microsoft, Adobe, Google, etc.), or unless you have done at least a little research on the company and its history.

Downloading apps from the Mac App Store means that someone else has done that vetting for you, so you can feel safe in knowing that you are not downloading more than you want.

The best way to keep your Mac and your personal information safe is to practice safe methods when surfing the web as well as downloading things from the web.

Best of luck,

GB

I would like to add fonts to my Font Book. What is a reliable source for them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.