Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch series 2 shows no red dot on face for notifications. Where is it? All appropriate buttons are on

My Apple Watch series 2 doesn’t show red dot for messages on watch face. Appropriate buttons are turned on. Advice?

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 1:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 3:08 AM in response to kathyfromdalton

Hi

The following steps may help:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > check that Notifications Indicator is enabled.

Also keep in mind that how notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, then you will receive notification alerts on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch display is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, then you will receive notification alerts on your watch.
  • If your Apple Watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, then notifications will go to your iPhone.

More information:

See and respond to notifications

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

My Apple Watch series 2 shows no red dot on face for notifications. Where is it? All appropriate buttons are on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.