Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity App, Issues

Hello, my name is Kevin and I am an Apple Community first timer,...

My wife and I have both noticed that our Activities logs on the Activity app only go back so far but we know we were logging exercises back then. Also, when I reply to her activity notification from my watch it will go to her work phone of which has never been linked to pour Apple ID. Please help, thank you for considering.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:28 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 3:31 AM in response to kjsoutham

Hi Kevin

kjsoutham wrote:

[p]our Apple ID.

If you are sharing an Apple ID:

For Activity tracking and many other features and services on Apple Watch and iPhone to work as intended by Apple, you should not share an Apple ID. Each user should instead have a separate Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on their iPhone and Apple Watch. An iPhone and any Apple Watch that is paired to it should also only be used by the same, single user.

Should you wish to share eligible past and future purchases (iTunes music, apps, books, etc), then you can still do so via Family Sharing (a free Apple service). Other features of Family Sharing include a shared family calendar, shared photo album and the ability to set reminders that will alert all family group members:

The following articles provide instructions for:

Creating a new Apple ID:

How to use that new Apple ID on an iPhone:

The person who sets up a new Apple ID should also first unpair their Apple Watch from their iPhone and then pair it again after the iPhone has been configured to use the new Apple ID:

Once you are set up with your own respective Apple IDs on your devices, you can also share Activity results with each other:

Share your Activity with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Settings

If you are not sharing an Apple ID - or if you were and the issue persists after following the steps above - then it may help if each of you follows these steps:

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that there is a single contact card for you and that it contains your name, Apple ID email address and iPhone number.
    • Remove any duplicate contact cards and remove anyone else's contact details from your own card.
    • Check that there is a separate contact card for each of your other contacts that each card contains only that contact's own contact details and information and none of your own.
  • Via a web browser, sign in to Manage Your Apple ID: https://appleid.apple.com/

In the Account section, under Contactable / Reachable At, check whether anyone else's iPhone numbers and/or email address(es) are listed - if they are, delete them.

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Contacts > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Siri & Search > My Information - check that your contact card is selected.
  • On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data:
    • You will not see anything happen after tapping it (the process runs in the background, invisibly to you).
    • Allow a minute or so for the process to complete.
  • Restart your iPhone and your watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

kjsoutham wrote:

.. our Activities logs on the Activity app only go back so far but we know we were logging exercises back then ..

Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your paired iPhone.

The data may have been lost, for example, due to either having switched to a new iPhone without restoring your new iPhone from an encrypted backup of your old one or due to having erased a data source and its associated data from within the Health app.

If you have an encrypted backup (which includes Health and Activity data) from before the point at which the data was lost, then the missing data can be recovered by restoring your iPhone from that encrypted backup. However, keep in mind that any new activity since the date of that backup would be lost.

iCloud backups are encrypted as standard. When backing up using iTunes, backups are only encrypted if the option to "Encrypt iPhone backup" has been selected:

More information:

Switch your Apple Watch to a new iPhone - Apple Support

Activity App, Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.