Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Number/Symbol Keys binded and not sure how to undo

So here is the extent of my issue. Whenever I type a number it adds another number or symbol after it. For example, if I type:

1: 1 is produced along with the volume up key

2: 2` is produced

3: 3§ is produced

4: 4] is produced

5: 5[ is produced

6: 6= is produced

7: 7 is normal (nothing new)

8: 8 is normal (nothing new)

9: 9 is produced along with up on directional pad

0: 0 is normal (nothing new)

[: 5[ is produced

]: 4] is produced

Directional pad UP: 9 is produced along with DP UP

DP DOWN: Is normal DP DOWN

DP RIGHT: 8 is produced along with DP RIGHT

DP LEFT: Is normal DP LEFT

The pattern continues to match the others however, normal alphabetical keys are not affected. It is almost as if keys are binded somehow.

If anyone knows why this is happening I would much appreciate any help or advice. I have tried the technique of rebooting with CMD + ALT + P + R and this had no effect. Also, this was a problem before even installing the OS High Sierra. This new HD had no operating system and was freshly formatted, and even in the recovery mode terminal, the same symptoms were present prior to installation of the new OS. In other words, this is not linked to the user but rather seems to be an issue with the system files. Let me know if anyone has any ideas because I would rather not waste the time going into the apple store. Thanks!

Specs:

MacBook Pro 13 in Late 2011

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Running 10.13.3

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:13 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro Number/Symbol Keys binded and not sure how to undo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.