Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode screen

Is there a way to change the light grey numbers on light grey background passcode screen to unlock the phone. I updated to iOS 11 and now I can barely make out the numbers to unlock my phone.

Thanks,

Jo-Ann

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:32 PM

Hey Jo-Ann,

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like you have the option "Reduce Transparency" enabled in the Accessibility settings. You will need to turn this off to get rid of the gray background on the passcode screen.

Increase text contrast where possible. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast. You can choose to reduce transparency and darken colors.

Large, bold, and high-contrast text

Take care.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 5:32 PM in response to jo-annfromvancouver

Hey Jo-Ann,

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like you have the option "Reduce Transparency" enabled in the Accessibility settings. You will need to turn this off to get rid of the gray background on the passcode screen.

Increase text contrast where possible. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast. You can choose to reduce transparency and darken colors.

Take care.

Feb 27, 2018 7:59 PM in response to jo-annfromvancouver

Howdy Jo-Ann,

I understand you're trying to get to see your passcode numbers more clear on your iPhone. Since the background of the numbers you see depends on your wallpaper set, you can either change your wallpaper to another color, or enable the option for bold text. Keep in mind that any changes such as bold text in the Accessibility settings will affect all text on your iPhone.

Change your iPhone wallpaper

Display bolder text on iPhone. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, then turn on Bold Text.

Take care.

Feb 27, 2018 8:51 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hello,

I may not have explained my situation very clearly. My wallpaper is a bright blue and I also have the text set to Bold. Once the phone locks, and I press the Home screen, the unlock screen comes up as light grey background, grey circles around the numbers, which are white, as are the small circles that fill in white as I type in the numbers. I find the lack of contrast difficult to see.

Regards,

Jo-Ann

Passcode screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.