Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setup & network problems

I was given an iPad to look at for a person, and I am not sure if there is anything I can do, or just tell the person the iPad is dead.

When you cut the iPad on, you start going through the language setup over and over again. If you do the hard reset on the iPad the same still happens.

You click the language you want, and then told to slide the button below to choose the language, but nothing ever happens sliding the button.

I do the reset on the iPad itself, holding the power and home switch, and comes back up going with the Apple logo, but the same issue comes around not being able to select the language.

The only way I have been able to get past this is to reinstall the iOS using something called Imazing. I am sure you could probably do the same with iTunes, but I am used to using Imazing.

Imazing lets me get to the point to connect to a wireless, and this is where I am stuck at. I can type the correct wireless password, but the join button is constantly greyed out.

Looking over the internet, the others who have had the same issue use the settings in the iPad to reset, but I cannot get past the wireless setup part at all to go to any iPad settings. It seems like the keyboard is out of wack to some degree. It’s hard to describe this, but to put numbers in the wireless password, I have to tap the shift button, and then hit the # key twice to switch to numbers, same things to switch to letters. Also, a big part of this could be the wireless of the iPad is dead.

I am not sure what would happen if I can connect to the wireless. The only idea I have still is to go to a place that has public wireless, but thought I would also ask the forums to see if anyone else has experienced this same issue. Below are the specs of the iPad I am working with.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

iPad mini iOS 9.3.5

iPad mini (model A1432)

model details2,5

model type MD531

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:40 PM

It looks like you've done the footwork... At this point, I'd contact Apple Support: Contact Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

setup & network problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.