Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 8 will not place songs for alarm.

The alarm on iPhone 8+ will not play my selected songs. It plays the radar thing instead. Songs are downloaded on my phone. Fix would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:01 PM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Ghutche

Thank you for replying, Ghutche. I'm glad to provide more steps for you.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If you didn't back up your iPhone previously, please be certain you have a recent backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings -- This process will completely wipe the iPhone to allow a fresh copy of the iOS software to be installed. The first time through, select "Set up as a new iPhone". Feel free to sign into iTunes & App Store and iCloud. Download one of the song's you'd like to test the Clock app with. If everything is working as it should, use the "restore your device from a backup" link located in the "Get Help" section. Otherwise, contact Apple Support.

Get help

If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Feb 28, 2018 6:58 AM in response to Ghutche

Hi, Ghutche.

I see that you've selected a song on your iPhone 8 Plus to use as an alarm sound. The issue is, once the alarm goes off, another built-in sound is used instead. I'm happy to help.

How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone -- Create a new alarm using your chosen song. After you've saved it, check the "Sound" option to make sure it's still set correctly.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close Clock application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

my iphone 8 will not place songs for alarm.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.