Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does switching providers usually slow down phone?

I switched from Virgin Mobile USA to Verizon and ever since the switch my iPhone 6s plus has slowed down significantly. My phone is only a year old. Now my mom has an iPhone 6 and her phone seems to perform faster than mine and its 2 years older than mine and she got her phone from sprint. Why is my phone slower?

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 3:46 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 8:05 PM in response to Louieblue

Hey there Louieblue,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see you have an iPhone 6s Plus that you've got some concerns over. Specifically, the performance has slowed down quite a bit since switching carriers. I rely on my own iPhone for important calls and messages, so I understand needing it to respond in a timely manner. I'm happy to help make sure yours does!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend reviewing iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support . This article has a lot of fantastic information about your Lithium-ion battery and how it works, including how it's related to your performance, and what you can do to make sure both the battery, and your device's performance, are working at their peak performance capability.

If you have any more questions, need clarification on something outlined in that article, or need more help with your battery, you can reach out to Apple Support here: Contact Apple Support .

Cheers!

Does switching providers usually slow down phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.