Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I be able to use iCloud library if I disable & delete to delete photos

deleting photos on Mac or iPad does not make them go away. My photos library has become conjested with duplicates and pics not in albums, etc. I recently upgraded to 200 GB and began to add all my pics, but I was too anxious and did not plan ahead. As I then began to delete some, I found out how messed up my library was, so I decided to delete ALL and start from the beginning, but then I found out how difficult this was. After selecting all and deleting and emptying recently deleted folder, I found my Mac updating in an endless cycle. Although I am told deleting on one device does the same on all, I found this not the case on my 2 iOS devices. I’d delete from iPad to see them reappear on Mac. After seeing some advice here about using the manage storage, I chose to disable and delete the photos library, but now the question-will everything be deleted in 30 days from today forward or will the library deletion leave any pics taken next week in the library? What I want is what I saw in an earlier post—a clean library so that I can import my photos in a more organized way.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 3 GHz Core i5 16GB RAM

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 4:46 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Will I be able to use iCloud library if I disable & delete to delete photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.