Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro is running hot 10.3.3

After I,installed the high seirra supplemental update, my MacBook runs super hot and lasts about 45 minutes on battery, how do I resolve this? What tools help me identify the offending processes? I’ve looked at top, but nothing jumps out.

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:27 PM

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that can help after an update.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The white Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 5:27 PM in response to plainsane

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that can help after an update.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The white Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

macbook pro is running hot 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.