Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Freeze on QuickTime

I have an 2009 (I know, a dinosaur) iMac, running on El Capitan 10.11.6. I'm trying to play a video from a USB Flash drive, which is a rather huge 200+ GB file. It opens by default to QuickTime (version 10), plays for a few moments, then audio goes out, it slows, freezes, goes out of sync, and basically stops playing. If a restart it, it does the same thing: plays OK for a few moments, then the audio goes out, it slows down, and freezes. Is there anything I can do to get it to play (use or install a different player?), or is my computer too old with too little space to handle such a big file on the flash drive? Thanks for any help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:48 AM

The file is too large and the flash drive is too slow to play the file properly.

To get it to work you should copy the file from the flash drive to your internal, view it via QuickTime and then trash the file to free up the space.

Similar questions

2 replies

Video Freeze on QuickTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.