Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wan thinking about getting an Apple Watch series 3 Nike +. If I connect the watch to my phone, and I'm at school and not connected to wifi but I'm connected to my phone, can I send text messages? Or if I want to do this will I have to get the cellu

Or do I have to get the cellular watch? Can I scroll through Instagram or Twitter without wifi but being connected to my phone. If I have my data on my phone Can I go on twitter without having the Apple Watch Cellular?

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 2:00 AM

Hi

All models of Apple Watch can be used to send and receive text messages when the Apple Watch is connected to the paired iPhone via Bluetooth and the iPhone has a cellular connection.

The functions that are available on your Apple Watch when it is away from your iPhone depend on various factors including:

Features and requirements that apply under various circumstances are detailed here, including within footnote #1 in respect of text messages:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

For information and assistance regarding the features offered by third-party apps under different connectivity circumstances, I suggest that you consult the developers' support resources and/or contact them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 2:00 AM in response to nikolafromwodonga

Hi

All models of Apple Watch can be used to send and receive text messages when the Apple Watch is connected to the paired iPhone via Bluetooth and the iPhone has a cellular connection.

The functions that are available on your Apple Watch when it is away from your iPhone depend on various factors including:

Features and requirements that apply under various circumstances are detailed here, including within footnote #1 in respect of text messages:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

For information and assistance regarding the features offered by third-party apps under different connectivity circumstances, I suggest that you consult the developers' support resources and/or contact them.

I wan thinking about getting an Apple Watch series 3 Nike +. If I connect the watch to my phone, and I'm at school and not connected to wifi but I'm connected to my phone, can I send text messages? Or if I want to do this will I have to get the cellu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.