Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When my Mac goes to 'sleep,' screen blank, suddenly a small white message appears, "No photos." Twice now. What does it mean? All my photos are intact. Thanks.

When my Mac goes to 'sleep," screen blank, a little white message appears that says, "No photos." Twice now. All my photos are intact. Where did this come from? Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:50 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2018 6:30 PM in response to soulbeneficiary

The Mac has a built-in set of screensavers accessed by

System preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screensaver pane

You can set it to do pictures out of a folder or you can set it to do their things. You should deliberately set it to do something OTHER that pictures, and see if that solves the problem.

Also, that one picture you use for your desktop -- can you navigate to it with Finder, and are its permissions correct so that you can read it?

When my Mac goes to 'sleep,' screen blank, suddenly a small white message appears, "No photos." Twice now. What does it mean? All my photos are intact. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.