Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked LCD or screen?

I partially closed my 13.3" MacBook air to lean over the top of my laptop and pick something up. I didn't realize that my headphones were sitting on my keyboard and when I was leaning over I didn't notice that I was forcing my screen down on my headphones. Long story short I opened my laptop back up and noticed that I have a crack where my headphone was sitting with vertical and horizontal rainbow lines from the crack. I can still see my display but the lines make whatever is behind them impossible to see. I'm not sure if I cracked the LCD or just the glass/plastic overlay. If someone can tell me potentially which one it could be with a ballpark of what Apple will charge to replace it without apple care.

I don't think it is the retina display but this is is from the displays tab on my "About this Mac" tab.

Built in display 13.3-inch (1440 x 900) Intel HD graphics 6000 1536 MB

Thanks.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 5:22 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Cracked LCD or screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.