Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G issue for iphone X

Does my iphone x supports 5G , if it arrives into the market

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:12 PM

The iPhone X was developed with current LTE technology in mind. Because there are currently no 5G networks on the market, iPhone X compatibility will depend on whether or not the "5G" technology uses the same bands as existing LTE (which is unlikely).

It is likely we are still at least a year or two from 5G (or the equivalent) from being introduced to the general public, at which time I'm almost certain Apple will be adding support to future iPhone designs.

Here are the currently supported cellular and wireless networks/bands from the iPhone X - Technical Specifications article:

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 11:12 PM in response to ghanifrombijapur

The iPhone X was developed with current LTE technology in mind. Because there are currently no 5G networks on the market, iPhone X compatibility will depend on whether or not the "5G" technology uses the same bands as existing LTE (which is unlikely).

It is likely we are still at least a year or two from 5G (or the equivalent) from being introduced to the general public, at which time I'm almost certain Apple will be adding support to future iPhone designs.

Here are the currently supported cellular and wireless networks/bands from the iPhone X - Technical Specifications article:

User uploaded file

Feb 26, 2018 11:37 PM in response to Community User

If we're talking about 5G LTE, it requires from what I heard and I'm not 100% certain, Band 71 on the iPhone's radio/modem. So you saying it's unlikely, is on the money.

But yes, we're still a year or 2 (possibly 3) before we see this implemented into the iPhones. Band 66 was a shocker to me, because Apple is well known not to include a band unless it's widespread. My provider (Freedom Mobile) uses Band 66, but that's a story for another time.

5G issue for iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.