Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got charged $ notice 99.99 for an app i thought eas a free trial im new at this ive always had android can i get a refu

Apple bt notice vpn r something I’m new to iPhone

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:54 PM

6 replies

Feb 26, 2018 9:10 PM in response to shirleyblackwell

I recommend contacting Apple Support by phone. They will transfer you to iTunes Store Support and you may be able to get a refund, though there are no guarantees.

Typically,  is understanding when it comes to accidentally letting a free trial renew, but especially so if it’s a first-time or rare occurrence.

The phone number for Apple Support is 1.800.275.2273. They’re open from 5am-8pm Pacific Time.

For further reference, I recommend this article:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions -

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Feb 26, 2018 9:10 PM in response to vazandrew

Typically, free trials exist as in-app purchases and have a period that’s agreed upon when signing up for the trial. Afterward, most renew under a paid format.

It’s often quite clear that a free trial is being started and that as of a certain date, charges will begin to be incurred. However, as long as there is not suspected negligence (e.g. multiple instances of forgetting to cancel a free trial), there exists a case for not realizing the trial would automatically renew.

Feb 26, 2018 9:11 PM in response to Community User

Thank u so much I’ve only had iPhone a month I don’t know enough about it but I couldn’t figure out where my money went I lost my leg and had a lot on my mind I can’t believe I didn’t notice this till I called bank 100 is a lot for an app I didn’t even use !!! Sorry to have bothered anyone I just didn’t know what to do it’s only been a day so I hope o get a refund!!!

i got charged $ notice 99.99 for an app i thought eas a free trial im new at this ive always had android can i get a refu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.