Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I put my SIM card into a new iPhone 8, the contact just shows phone numbers, but names.

I tried import SIM card , it didn’t work

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:51 PM

The contacts are typically managed natively on your phone or through iCloud, if you have your contacts synced via iCloud. Unlike with some other phones, the iPhone does not store contact data on the SIM card.

If you were previously using iCloud to manage your contacts, I recommend making sure contacts are turned on via Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud > Contacts

User uploaded file

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 8:51 PM in response to 玉文152

The contacts are typically managed natively on your phone or through iCloud, if you have your contacts synced via iCloud. Unlike with some other phones, the iPhone does not store contact data on the SIM card.

If you were previously using iCloud to manage your contacts, I recommend making sure contacts are turned on via Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud > Contacts

User uploaded file

After I put my SIM card into a new iPhone 8, the contact just shows phone numbers, but names.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.