Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network security- machine authentication certificate- message says "this root certificate is not trusted"

network security- machine authentication certificate- message says "this root certificate is not trusted"

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9), How to reboot, restore HD

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 10:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 4:07 PM in response to ahprado

Hello, ahprado.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that one of your machines is getting an error " This Root Certificate is not Trusted". I do have a suggestion that could help. Check out this article: macOS Sierra: If your certificate isn’t being accepted

If a certificate is not accepted, it may have expired or the way it’s being used may be invalid. For example, some certificates may be used for establishing a secure connection to a server but not for signing a document.

The most common reason a certificate isn’t accepted is that the certificate authority’s root certificate isn’t trusted by your computer. To have your computer trust a certificate authority, you must add the certificate authority to a keychain and set the certificate trust settings.

1. If an app (such as Safari) displays the root certificate from the certificate authority as part of the message from the certificate authority, drag the root certificate icon to the desktop.

2. Drag the certificate file onto the Keychain Access icon, or double-click the certificate file.

3. Click the keychain pop-up menu, choose a keychain, then click OK.

If you’re asked, enter the name and password for an administrator user on this computer.

4. Select the certificate, then choose File > Get Info.

5. Click the Trust disclosure triangle to display the trust policies for the certificate.

6. To override the trust policies, choose the trust settings you want to override from the pop-up menus.

For more information, see Certificate trust policies.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.