Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11.2.6 causing overheating

Why is my iphone 6 overheating after i installed the latest IOS 11.2.6 version? My phone is basically still new, had it for about 6months now and never had this isssue

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 10:33 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2018 12:40 PM in response to CG_Bound

Try this basic troubleshooting step: Make a full backup of your device, and reset it to factory settings, setting it up as new. This operation wil install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version, following the instructions provided in this support guide:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done setting it up as a new device, test it for some hours. If everything is working fine, (no overheating. no battery draining), restore your iPhone from your previuosly made backup.

Regards

Giulio

Mar 2, 2018 12:22 PM in response to Player23

I have an iPhone 7 that is experiencing the same thing since updating yesterday. When in use or charging, it gets very warm, like it's doing something super-intensive, and the battery drains at around 1-2% per minute. When the screen is locked and the phone is idle, the effect is lessened. Before the update, I could regularly get through the whole day without charging and now I'm having to put it on a charger every few hours.

IOS 11.2.6 causing overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.