Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Update/Restore problem: Unknown Error (-1)

I have tried to update my iPhone7 (128 GB) to iOS 11.2.5 but my phone got into restore mode after the update. I restored it with iTunes and it worked. Yesterday, there was a problem with the cellular signal and for half a day I wass unable to use my phone sine it couldn't find the cellular network. After a while, it went back to normal. The same day, I tried the iOS 11.2.6 update but it went into restore mode again. This time I was unable to restore with iTunes. I tried many times, different PC, different cable etc. with no success. It always gives the "Unknown Error (-1)" warning through the restore process when it is at the "Firmware Update" step. Now I am stuck with a phone displaying the iTunes screen and nothing further.😟

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.5, 128 GB

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 12:44 AM

Hi

Turn iPhone off Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.3 or later.

Connect lead to USB on your pc Press just the power button down on iPhone don't let go Connect lead to iPhone keep power button pressed down until pc sees iPhone Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 12:44 AM in response to ozerkara

Hi

Turn iPhone off Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.3 or later.

Connect lead to USB on your pc Press just the power button down on iPhone don't let go Connect lead to iPhone keep power button pressed down until pc sees iPhone Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

iPhone 7 Update/Restore problem: Unknown Error (-1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.