Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this disk has a hardware problem that cannot be repaired

Hi i have install OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks in my iMac 2013 1TB HDD i5 CPU and finally diced to update to MacOS Sierra but when i downloaded and try to installed this massage shows up "This Disk has S.M.A.R.T Errors " this disk has a hardware problem that cannot be repaired" i try disk utility and repair Disk Permission option but still nothing seem to work ,so i figure i should change my HDD for a New One But the guy says is not the Hard drive that it most be a type of Malware that is not letting me installed , hes arguments are that my Hard Drive dont produce any Noise at all and that when a Hard drive is failing it produce some type of Noise and my is really quite .

Can some one give and insight on how to to solve this problem? i want to update but i dont know if is better to just replace the HDD or he also told me that there might be a software that bypass this restriction in the installment section of macOS Sierra so i dont have to replace nothing THANKS!!!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 12:39 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

this disk has a hardware problem that cannot be repaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.