Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add "Smart Controls" to a previously created concert?

Can I add "Smart Controls" to a previously created concert? I've got 59 patches in this concert, and I'd like to use Smart Controls now that I found them. Early 2011 MacBook Pro 17" 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory.

Thanks.

Bobby

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.1), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:51 AM

First of all, you can only edit the SmartControls in the Edit View. So,

• go to Edit View and select the SmartControl item in the center section.
  • This will bring up a single drop down in the section below where you can select one of several SmartControl layouts, e.g. Electric Piano 8.
  • Once this is selected, you can click on each of the knobs and assign this knob to anything you want in the window below again e.g. Volume, CutOff, etc.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 10:51 AM in response to radsinger

First of all, you can only edit the SmartControls in the Edit View. So,

• go to Edit View and select the SmartControl item in the center section.
  • This will bring up a single drop down in the section below where you can select one of several SmartControl layouts, e.g. Electric Piano 8.
  • Once this is selected, you can click on each of the knobs and assign this knob to anything you want in the window below again e.g. Volume, CutOff, etc.

Feb 27, 2018 5:51 PM in response to adissu

I added the smart control in Layout View. When I change to Edit View or Perform View, there's a rectangular box that just says "Smart Controls" in most of the patches. Only a couple of the patches have controls. For instance, I have a Rhodes in patch #2. In the Workspace window in Edit View, I see the keyboard, Pitch and Mod wheels, sustain and volume pedals, etc. I see the Smart Controls box, but there's nothing in it!! It's just dark.

How and where do I map the Rhodes to the Smart Controls?

Thanks. I hope I am making myself clear.

Bobby

Add "Smart Controls" to a previously created concert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.