Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way that my smashed/dead iPhone 6 is salvageable?

I know there is probably no way, but my iPhone 6 was cracked after a heavy fall and now fails to turn on even after hours of charging. I really really need the data on the iPhone but unfortunately may have backed it up a long time ago. It's been a week and still nothing, I was wondering if there was any way of my Phone being repaired and have all the apps and data restored? I can't stress the importance of the data on my phone but expect disappointment and would probably have to replace the phone...

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Take it in to Apple and let them evaluate it. But yes, if it will not power on at all, there is no way at all to recover data.

Your apps are tied to your AppleID, not the device, so you can just re-install them from the App Store onto any iOS device you own.

Anything you’ve synchronized to iCloud should also re-sync to any new device when you sign into iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 4:47 AM in response to ImOnlyJK

Take it in to Apple and let them evaluate it. But yes, if it will not power on at all, there is no way at all to recover data.

Your apps are tied to your AppleID, not the device, so you can just re-install them from the App Store onto any iOS device you own.

Anything you’ve synchronized to iCloud should also re-sync to any new device when you sign into iCloud.

Is there any way that my smashed/dead iPhone 6 is salvageable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.