Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP with Migration Assistant that is not responsive.

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and tried to use Migration Assistant to transfer data from my old Macbook Pro to the new one. In the middle of the operation the window just froze and stopped responding in my old Mac. I have tried to do the force quit and also the turning on and off, it just gives me back the same frozen window of the Migration Assistant. If anyone has experienced the same problem pls let me know. Thanks a lot.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:02 AM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 4:56 PM in response to amaya426

Greetings amaya426,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are trying to migrate data from an old MacBook Pro to a new one. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. There are a few ways you can connect the two devices together. If one of them is not working, one of the other ways may work to migrate the data. It also depends how much data you are trying to migrate that may play a part here. How much data are you trying to migrate? Also, make sure you are running the latest version of macOS. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

How to update the software on your Mac

How to move your content to a new Mac

Take care.

Mar 1, 2018 4:56 PM in response to amaya426

Greetings amaya426,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are trying to migrate data from an old MacBook Pro to a new one. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. There are a few ways you can connect the two devices together. If one of them is not working, one of the other ways may work to migrate the data. It also depends how much data you are trying to migrate that may play a part here. How much data are you trying to migrate? Also, make sure you are running the latest version of macOS. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

How to update the software on your Mac

How to move your content to a new Mac

Take care.

HELP with Migration Assistant that is not responsive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.