Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow app download after complete restore

I have an Apple Iphone 6 that the Apple Store completely reset. With the restore thru itunes done, I am unable to get apps to download (greater than 24 hours). I have hard restarted the phone, powered it off and on etc. No apps are updating. I get either loading or waiting forever.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 11:13 AM

Hi, alvinfromhomestead.

I see that you're trying to redownload applications you've purchased in the App Store after your iPhone 6s was restored. The issue is, they aren't downloading. Good job in restarting your iPhone to get it working as expected, and I'm happy to help.

Turn on Automatic Downloads for iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store purchases -- If you're using cellular data to download the applications all at once, try downloading them one at a time. Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store to see if you have "Use Cellular Data" turned on.

You can turn Automatic Downloads on or off over your cellular network on an iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store and turn Use Cellular Data on or off. Cellular Data downloads are limited to a file size of 150 MB or smaller.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network -- If you're using Wi-Fi, your iPhone may show that it's connected, but there may be other issues. You can also try downloading the applications while connected to a different Wi-Fi network.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 11:13 AM in response to alvinfromhomestead

Hi, alvinfromhomestead.

I see that you're trying to redownload applications you've purchased in the App Store after your iPhone 6s was restored. The issue is, they aren't downloading. Good job in restarting your iPhone to get it working as expected, and I'm happy to help.

Turn on Automatic Downloads for iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store purchases -- If you're using cellular data to download the applications all at once, try downloading them one at a time. Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store to see if you have "Use Cellular Data" turned on.

You can turn Automatic Downloads on or off over your cellular network on an iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store and turn Use Cellular Data on or off. Cellular Data downloads are limited to a file size of 150 MB or smaller.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network -- If you're using Wi-Fi, your iPhone may show that it's connected, but there may be other issues. You can also try downloading the applications while connected to a different Wi-Fi network.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Slow app download after complete restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.