Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I attempted to pay a friend through Apple Pay via text, however, they were not comfortable signing up to do so. I canceled the payment, yet it still posted to my account? Who did the money go to exactly? I would like a refund ASAP

I will no longer be using this option as it is completely non functional. If the person you’re sending money to does not accept the cash and I from this cancel the transaction, hoe can the money post to my account?? It does not make sense. Please issue a refund!!!

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:47 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 6:22 AM in response to mariannefromelmhurst

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can look into the issue for you. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

If you cancel a payment or if the payment expires due to the recipient not accepting it, then the funds will be returned automatically to your Apple Pay Cash Card balance or to your payment card account, depending on how the payment was originally funded.

Whilst Apple has not specified how long this will take, if you remain concerned after allowing a reasonable period of time, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support for assistance via the link at the bottom of this support article:

If you need help sending or receiving money in Messages with Apple Pay - Apple Support

I attempted to pay a friend through Apple Pay via text, however, they were not comfortable signing up to do so. I canceled the payment, yet it still posted to my account? Who did the money go to exactly? I would like a refund ASAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.