Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud / Apple Music link broken on HomePod?

Hello everyone. I’m having trouble with my HomePod. It’s the second time it happens.

1. The music stops playing without any reason.

2. Siri is very slow.

3. Siri is unable to change the music and play something different. She says "I’m having trouble changing music right now".

4. I can’t play music by genre or mood like "play chill / pop / dinner party / 80s rock music". I do it all the time. The only thing I can do is to say "play music", and after waiting some time, she answers "Playing your music library shuffled" instead of "Here’s some music you might like, picked just for you. Let’s kick thing’s off with some..."

It definitely looks like the link with Apple Music or iCloud is broken... even if I can ask for personal requests (Messages, Reminders...).

I already tried to restart it, reset it... Last time it lasted 3 hours. I’m experiencing it for the second time right now...

It’s really frustrating. Have you guys ever experienced this trouble?

Thank you for your help.

HomePod-OTHER, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:24 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2018 8:17 AM in response to ClementGzl

It seems you may not be alone as there are some others making similar reports, although Siri music requests were working fine for me earlier today. I've just had a look at Apple - Support - System Status and it seems there was an issue with Radio between 12:00-15:00 GMT that might, I suppose, have had knock on effects to other requests. You may wish to contact HomePod - Official Apple Support if the issue persists.

tt2

iCloud / Apple Music link broken on HomePod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.