Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo editing in os 10.13.3

Whats going on?

Cropping a photo takes about five minutes. The degree wheel that should be on the right of the photo as you crop is partially on the bottom left of the screen until it rights its self and the crop screen has random editing moments, sometimes taking a proportion of the photograph off. It's infuriating. Why is doing anything taking forever and can anyone recommend a fool proof photo editing programme?

I'm wondering why I spent so much money on this thing!

Thank you.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:20 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 27, 2018 9:49 AM in response to withmagic

partially on the bottom left of the screen until it rights its self and the crop screen has random editing moments, sometimes taking a proportion of the photograph off.

I noticed this weird behavior starting with macOS 10.13.2. It happens occasionally for panoramic photos that need straightening. when it happens, I restart Photos, and then the cropping will be back to normal. But I never noticed, that the crop tool will take a long time to launch. Are you using iCloud Photo Library and "Optimize storage"? Or, are your photos on an external drive?

photo editing in os 10.13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.