Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove old custom ringtones

I have a new PC and new install of iTunes. I see that 12.7 iTunes has changed the way you add custom ringtones to your iPhone but I can't get rid of the old custom ringtones still on my iPhone. They do not show up in iTunes > Device > ringtones, only the new one I have added by copy and paste.

Anyone tell me how to remove a ringtone from iPhone 6S when it doesn't show in iTunes?

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:07 AM

Create and manage ringtones in iTunes. - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-12051 - including handling ringtones in iTunes 12.7 and later

2 replies

Feb 27, 2018 8:30 AM in response to sac8165

If there are custom tones on the device that don't show in the iTunes interface you could use iFunBox to poke around in the file system of the device. In iFunBox try Toolbox > User File System > iPod_Control > Ringtones. Any custom tones on your device should probably show up there with random 4 letter file names and a .m4r extension. Deleting these should clear all custom tones from the list on the device, and you can then add back what you want using iTunes.

tt2

Remove old custom ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.