Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know how to display the song name/details iTunes is currently playing in the lock screen?

I played my iTunes this weekend and though the music from iTunes is not playing the next song displays on the lock screen. I am up to date on updates for everything but cannot close/remove this display.

Thanks

M

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:25 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 11:29 AM in response to Motaney

Hey there, Motaney.

I see that you were listening to music using the Music application on your iPhone 6. The issue is, the Music application doesn't appear on the lock screen. I'm happy to help.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Since restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once your iPhone has returned to the Home screen.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Anyone know how to display the song name/details iTunes is currently playing in the lock screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.