Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with keyboard

Hello everybody

I have a problem with the keyboard of my MacBook. My baby girl got hold of it and she probably pressed some combination of keys, after which any keyboard input won’t work and will produce the system error sound..

The f* keys are actually working but for every other keys I get the “bad” sound and no input..

I checked with virtual keyboard and of course the keyboard physically works (when I press a key it will highlight on virtual keyboard) but no input actually happens

What should I do?

Thank you very much!

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:52 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 5:08 PM in response to stefano199

Hello stefano199,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking about the keyboard on your Mac.

Since the function keys are working, it sounds like the setting has changed in System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard. There is a check box here that says "Use F1, F2, etc. as standard function keys". When it is checked, the Function keys work only as Function keys. Uncheck this and see if this corrects your issue.

Change the behavior of function keys on your Mac

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Problem with keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.