Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID is recognized on line and on my iPhone 6 but not my iPad Air

iphone has Apple Pay and I enabled Touch ID. Apple web site accepted my ID but my iPad will not. Always get unverified ID on what seems to be a random request for iTunes Store login. Confusing. I have triple checked ID entry and can’t figure it out.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:12 AM

7 replies

Feb 28, 2018 7:28 PM in response to Eric Root

Ok Eric, got it to work and took notes so you know the deal:

1. On iOS 11.2.2 where this first started on a Florida WiFi. Good connection but no-go when my iPad prompted for Apple ID. Got the same in Nebraska but was able to log in to the Apple Community online and use the ID on my iPhone. With this I knew something was up.
  2. I tried my PW about 20 times back to back with no result. This was in iPad Apple ID settings.
  3. Upgraded to iOS 11.2.6 and now all app updates in the Store required the ID but to no avail. This was new but typical Apple security progression.
  4. Since my ID worked online I was able to turn off 2nd level authorization. Said I only need it if I have an Apple Pay balance. After doing this I got a message saying my PW was going to be pushed to all devices but the ID did not work right away. After 30 min of trying I powered down and several hours later restarted and the ID worked.

Feb 27, 2018 5:38 PM in response to Eric Root

Man, I’ve tried 50+! On OS 11.2.2 the iPad would update apps without ID prompt. Now it prompts and same ‘ol same ‘ol. Settings have 2nd level authorization set if that matters. On line I just agreed to push Apple ID to all devices but no dice right away. Think I’ll give it some time and try again. Tkx for the help!

My Apple ID is recognized on line and on my iPhone 6 but not my iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.