I'm going to disagree with seventy one in this case. Using a hair dryer can force the water deeper into the phone and exacerbate the problem. Canned air is also not recommended. Dry the phone off and leave it in a warm, dry place. Do not plug it in or try to turn it on for at least 24 hours.
seventy one wrote:
Nicely put, Idris. Perhaps our hair dryers are different insofar as we have a gentle heat setting but otherwise you are right, the pressure would be very unhelpful.
And I may be being overly cautious. I suspect that, in most cases, using a hair dryer on low, from a safe distance, would do no further harm. I'm just always concerned that, if I say that, it will be read as, "Put the hair dryer on high and hold it right next to the phone until the phone is almost too hot to hold and everything will be magically fixed.". I've become a bit cynical. 😉
Jiro Yoneshige wrote:
Why don't you go to YouTube and ask that same question and their are few solutions at their site. For myself if I can't find my answer here on the official Apple Support Communities then I go to the YouTube to get my answers.
Because there are lots of idiots posting things on YouTube. At least here, the things that are completely wrong get removed. And, because, in this case, the OP has gotten good answers.
Question: What to do if iPhonex gets wet