Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone on watch series 3

My gen 1 was recently stolen. It has a passcode, I marked it as lost and selected notify me. Anyway, it’s been a couple of weeks and it has not shown up anywhere so I’m looking at a series 3 cellular model. My question is if this were to happen again and my series 3 went missing. Would I be able to locate it using find my iPhone if the watch only had a cellular signal, without WiFi, or a paired iPhone nearby? Has anyone tested this?

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:25 AM

Hi

The following support articles explain your only options - and the associated consequences - in the event of your Apple Watch being stolen or lost:

Find My iPhone, as described with the support articles and Lost Mode are the only ways that you can track, locate and protect a stolen or lost Apple Watch.

As the first article advises, if the built-in cellular feature has been enabled for an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) model, then yes - it can use that feature, in conjunction with GPS, when using Find My iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 6:25 AM in response to JJillH

Hi

The following support articles explain your only options - and the associated consequences - in the event of your Apple Watch being stolen or lost:

Find My iPhone, as described with the support articles and Lost Mode are the only ways that you can track, locate and protect a stolen or lost Apple Watch.

As the first article advises, if the built-in cellular feature has been enabled for an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) model, then yes - it can use that feature, in conjunction with GPS, when using Find My iPhone.

Find my iPhone on watch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.