Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find out if i have a replacement plan on my apple watch

My watch won’t show the dead battery sign and won’t show any sign of it being on. Is it broke and how do I know if I can replace it?

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:50 AM

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider if necessary:

Be sure to use only an Apple or MFi-certified USB power adapter or third-party accessory in conjunction with the Magnetic Charging Cable or Magnetic Charging Dock when charging your Apple Watch.

If you are already doing so, then try using another such cable and/or power adapter, including trying an Apple iPad USB Power Adapter first, if you have access to one, and allowing at least 30 minutes before checking the status of your Apple Watch again.

To check your service and support coverage, enter the serial number here:

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Out-of-warranty service prices (and AppleCare+ service fees / excesses) vary by country and by Apple Watch model. Pricing for the US, for example, is detailed here:

Apple Watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

If the steps in the support articles above do not help, then contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance and to establish your available service options, timescales and cost, if any:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 7:50 AM in response to Kaitlynnmarie

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider if necessary:

Be sure to use only an Apple or MFi-certified USB power adapter or third-party accessory in conjunction with the Magnetic Charging Cable or Magnetic Charging Dock when charging your Apple Watch.

If you are already doing so, then try using another such cable and/or power adapter, including trying an Apple iPad USB Power Adapter first, if you have access to one, and allowing at least 30 minutes before checking the status of your Apple Watch again.

To check your service and support coverage, enter the serial number here:

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Out-of-warranty service prices (and AppleCare+ service fees / excesses) vary by country and by Apple Watch model. Pricing for the US, for example, is detailed here:

Apple Watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

If the steps in the support articles above do not help, then contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance and to establish your available service options, timescales and cost, if any:

how do i find out if i have a replacement plan on my apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.