Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Notifications & Alerts, etc

I will get a notification or alert on my Watch, a sound and/or the watch vibrates. I look at my watch and the screen is blank. I have to push the digital crown to see the notification. I want to get the notification and look at my watch and see it. Yes after x seconds the display will turn off, thats OK. I done wand to have to tap the digital crown

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:43 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2018 8:45 AM in response to tallphotoguy

Hi

The following steps may help:

Check that Theatre Mode / Cinema Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

Check your Wake Screen settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wake Screen > check that Wake Screen on Wrist Raise is enabled.
  • It may help to toggle the setting off and on again, if it is already turned on.

Check your watch orientation settings (which tell your Apple Watch which way up and which way around you are wearing it):

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Watch Orientation.

Feb 27, 2018 8:46 AM in response to tallphotoguy

If the notification arrived and you do not look right away, when you raise your wrist, you should see a red dot at the top of the watch face. You can swipe downwards from the top of the watch face to view your notification. It should not require you to press the Digital Crown. You also have the ability to tap on the watch face which will wake the watch as well.

Viewing Notifications & Alerts, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.