I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you anything about Apple's unannounced plans. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.
Whilst I can't say why that is happening, the following steps may help:
Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:
- If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support
- Close the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Close any apps that you have noticed are affected on your Apple Watch.
- Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first:
If the issue persists, next unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:
- The Watch app on your iPhone takes a backup of your watch automatically when unpairing via the app.
- Initially choose to Restore from Backup during set up (most data and settings will be restored, with some exceptions, such as Apple Pay cards, passcode).
- If the issue persists, consider instead unpairing and setting it up as a new watch.
- Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support
- Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support
If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for further assistance: