Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems printing wireless printer - duplicate IP address

I have an HP printer connected by wifi to an Orbi network. When printing from the various iMacs and MacBook Pros (all on 10.13.3), we regularly run into problems - and when checking the printer panel, I see 'Duplicate IP address' on the printer panel. This sometimes (but not always) goes away after a minute or two - and then things start to print. I have now assigned a static IP address to the printer and even tried reserving this address on the Orbi system, but the problem continues. I am trying to understand what would trigger the duplicate IP call. Could it be the Orbi sattelite and Router making a simultaneous call? Is it something completely different?

Incidentally, we have struggled with printing issues for years - different printers (although always HP), different router (previously AirPort Extreme). But troubleshooting tools on the printers were more limited - it is only now I am seeing the issue of duplicate IP on the (new) printer's panel. Could this be an Apple issue? Any ideas for a solution?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:31 PM

And non of this sorted the issue: Solved: Re: Duplicate IP address Wireless HP Printer - HP Support Forum - 6602349

Similar questions

2 replies

Problems printing wireless printer - duplicate IP address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.