Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Hi

I have an iphone 6s and ipad. When I originally set up my iphone I set up my AppleID. Then, when I got my ipad, a colleague set it up but entered my AppleID (gmail email address) with a typo.

Now, on my ipad it lists the correct AppleID for icloud but the incorrect one for 'Store'. This conflict is causing problems!

Can I edit or delete the incorrect Apple ID anywhere?

Thank you!

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:03 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2018 8:09 AM in response to catherinedublin

Yes, see this article: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Use different Apple IDs for iCloud and iTunes

We recommend that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services on your device—including the iTunes & App Stores and iCloud. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services.

But if you already have different Apple IDs that you want to use with iCloud and the iTunes & App Stores, follow these steps.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings and tap Sign in to your [device]. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go back to Settings, scroll down, and tap iTunes & App Stores. Tap Apple ID: [your name] > Sign Out. Then sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.
  • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go back to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud and sign in with the Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud. Go to iTunes > Account > Sign In. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use with iTunes.

If you use multiple Apple IDs and want to restore your device from a backup, you can learn more about iCloud or iTunes backups.

Essentially, to fix the issue, you'll need to go to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>Sign Out. Then sign in with the appropriate ID. In addition, make sure that no one else has access to your Apple ID because it will have significant (identifying) personal information such as your payment information and your address. See this article for more information: Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Feb 27, 2018 8:11 AM in response to catherinedublin

Where on your iPad does it show the incorrect one?

Seems like your friend created an entirely new Apple ID with the misspelled email? Have you made purchases on that ID?

If you go to Settings->iTunes & App Stores->Apple ID, what Apple ID is signed in there? If its the wrong one, you can sign out.

Note that any purchases made with the incorrect Apple ID will remain tied to if forever and in the case of Apps will continue to require it to update.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.