Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty cells

Hello1

How to leave empty the cells that must be when using certain formulas like VLookup, IF ...?

Is it possible to write severa questions in a single post?

null-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Numbers

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:07 PM

if you want to conditionally provide an value or nothing you can do something like:

=if(<condition>, <value>, "")

e.g. if you wanted to look at values in column B and stored only positive in column C, you could use:

=if(B1>0, B1, "")

the "" represents the empty string (or nothing)

5 replies

Feb 27, 2018 5:07 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Thanks again.➕🙂

Your formula allowed me to understand how to "compose" mine.

Here is my result:

IF(Last Page::Table1::F3 = 0; ""; VLOOKUP(A2; Last Page::Table 1:: A3: F84; 6; FALSE)).

I had to change your if (> 0, B1, "") to if (= 0, ""), since the source cell already contains no information.

Without your help I could not have done it.

Note: the (;) = (,) for your area.

Feb 28, 2018 4:44 PM in response to Marc-Andr St-Pierre

Hi Marc-Andre,

"Is it possible to write severa questions in a single post?"

It is possible, but counter productive in terms of those arriving later with a question similar to one of the several questions' in that post.

The search software works best if the single question is clearly stated in the title to your post, and the discussion includes only that question (and possibly closely related questions arising from that question).

Regards,

Barry

Feb 28, 2018 3:41 AM in response to Barry

Thanks a lot Barry for your answer!

My point is that some of my questions are a little silly, too basic for this forum and they can have a quick answer.

One example, yesterday I did a search with this criterion "conditional highlighting". I found only 5 possibilities, none of which correspond to what I am looking for. I thought it must be impossible. My question is simple and many must ask it.

What I wanted to know: Is it possible to highlight a complete line based on a single criterion?

But, you know this forum better than me and I will ask this question in another post.

Thank you!

MA

Empty cells

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.