Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gifs on iPhone 8

I do get the gifs icon I messenger, but when I try to search for something (like Birthday), I don’t get any images. All blocks stay grey. Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 11:53 AM in response to Halo65

Hello Halo65,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about your gif images in Messages. I have some things to check for this.

First, is this occurring at a certain area or while you are connected to a specific network? Test if it is working while connected to another wireless network such as at an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store, or a friend or family members house. You could also test this with Wi-Fi off by going to Settings > Wi-Fi and turning the slider off. Be aware, this will use your cellular data until you re-enable Settings > Wi-Fi.

If this issue is occurring while connected to multiple networks, let's look at the Messages app next. I recommend forcing Messages to quit: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue remains, I recommend reinstalling the iOS using iTunes. Please make a backup of your data prior to doing this step. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data is backed up, you can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

Gifs on iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.