Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the activation lock if I can not get in contact with the previous owner?

How do I remove an activation lock if I am unable to have contact with the previous owner?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:53 PM

It's hopeless. If you've followed the steps here: Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock and don't have any success, return your device (if you can) and get a refund. Sorry I couldn't provide a better solution... :/

4 replies

Feb 27, 2018 7:54 PM in response to Michaeljoe920

The Activation Lock is an invaluable security feature that you will soon grow to appreciate once you have a working phone.

I have to tell you that It can not be bypassed and requires your knowledge of the passwords or the help of the person who originally set it up to de-activate it. Without that, the phone is of no further use.

This is Apples document which explains the feature and the whole de-activation process in more detail. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201441

How do I remove the activation lock if I can not get in contact with the previous owner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.