Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keywords for Shared Albums?

Hello,

I am looking for a way to add a keyword or description to all the photos in a shared album. I can do this for the regular albums by selecting all the photos in the album, pressing cmd+I and then adding the text to the appropriate fields. What I ultimately want to do is select all the photos in my Photos app that are not included in a shared album and then delete them. However, I want to keep all the photos in the shared albums since they are shared with others. I have already exported all the photos I wish to keep out of Photos. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!

iMac, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 9:25 AM

You photos will stay in the shared album, even if you delete them all from your Photos library. The shared albums are storing their photos separately from the library, because the photos in the shared albums may be down sized. Just do not delete the photos from the shared albums.

It is not possible to add keywords to photos in shared albums. The only thing you can do, is adding a comment to the photos. But you cannot search Photos for comments on photos in shared albums.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 9:25 AM in response to gatorfellow

You photos will stay in the shared album, even if you delete them all from your Photos library. The shared albums are storing their photos separately from the library, because the photos in the shared albums may be down sized. Just do not delete the photos from the shared albums.

It is not possible to add keywords to photos in shared albums. The only thing you can do, is adding a comment to the photos. But you cannot search Photos for comments on photos in shared albums.

Keywords for Shared Albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.