Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What will happen to my shared albums if I delete Photos from my Mac?

Is there any way to preserve all of my shared albums if I decide to completely delete the Apple Photos program from my Mac?

If I delete a shared album from my mac how do I ensure it is still preserved on iCloud.com, my iPhone and subscriber's iPhones?

Thank you!!!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:05 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 27, 2018 11:49 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks, Larry!

You are right, I meant delete the entire photo library as opposed to the program.

Does it matter that I am the owner of the shared album and the original source of the pictures in a particular shared album was from the Mac (as opposed to the iPhone)? Also FYI I do not have iCloud photo library enabled on my Mac (I do have it enabled on my iPhone) if that matters.

Another question - I just noticed that I have some specific photos in a shared album (which I own) that were deleted from my iPhone and Mac, however, the photos are still in that shared album (proves your point)! Since I cannot see those photos on iCloud.com, where are those photos being stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.