Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notifications of messages stopped working after upgrade to 11.2.6

Anyone else having issues woth message notifications after upgrading to 11.2.6 ios

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:21 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 1:46 PM in response to bobdaily726

Hello bobdaily726,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your message Notifications. I am happy to look at this with you.

Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages. Turn Notifications off. Then, restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When it comes back up, go back to Settings > Notifications > Messages and re-enable Notifications. Please ensure the settings here are correct since you are re-enabling it now.

If you still have issues, is your device paired with bluetooth headphones or an Apple Watch? If so, please unpair the headphone and test. If it is an Apple Watch, please check this help article: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Where you’ll see your notifications

We'll send notifications to the device that you're using, so you can see them as soon as possible.

User uploaded file

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

User uploaded file

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.
When you dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone. You receive notifications on whichever device you’re using, not both devices at the same time.
Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mar 1, 2018 11:31 AM in response to bobdaily726

Since my update to 11.2.6 2 days ago, I no longer get email notifications on the home screen when screen is sleeping or not. The email icon count does not change although I know there are new emails. I can only get new mail when I go to the app. Texts are OK.

I have checked, changed and changed again all the settings in notifications and in the push, fetch, how often to fetch settings. Reboot phone, reset network settings to no help. I may try restore but only if there is no other theory out there.

I see that it says now that Automatic fetch only works when on wifi and plugged in. Is this something new? I admit, I never looked or changed any of this stuff on my phone, or any previous phone, until today. My phone is not normally plugged in. I do know that emails were instant though, and not on a schedule, so I don't understand that part.

Verizon and AOL. (don't snicker, had this since email came about.)

notifications of messages stopped working after upgrade to 11.2.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.