Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Re Apple Mail: How do I move folders of imap mailboxes to local folders?

I have many emails that I sorted into mailboxes in folders - which I kept on servers.

I would like to put most of those "folders of mailboxes" into local folders.

I have tried approaches that are used to move mailboxes to local folders; alas they

have not worked.

Guidance?

Thanks,

Tim

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Create new mailboxes of the same names or others if you prefer. Be sure to create them On My Mac, not on the server. Select all emails in a server-based folder. CTRL- or RIGHT-click on your selection. Select the Move To option from the context menu and the target mailbox where you want them moved. Repeat for each server-based mailbox.

Moving will delete the emails from your server-based mailboxes. If that is not the desired result then select Copy To from the context menu.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved

Feb 27, 2018 11:21 AM in response to tscale In response to tscale

Create new mailboxes of the same names or others if you prefer. Be sure to create them On My Mac, not on the server. Select all emails in a server-based folder. CTRL- or RIGHT-click on your selection. Select the Move To option from the context menu and the target mailbox where you want them moved. Repeat for each server-based mailbox.

Moving will delete the emails from your server-based mailboxes. If that is not the desired result then select Copy To from the context menu.

Feb 27, 2018 11:21 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: tscale

Question: Re Apple Mail: How do I move folders of imap mailboxes to local folders?