Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update App Store showing my old employer Apple ID

Good morning, to every one I am unable to update my App Store applications since the system show my old Apple ID as employee.

The apple devises are my properly and I try to System Preferences- I Cloud-sign out-relog again and went the update come at App Store shows the old Apple ID???? Help happen on my iPad mini and my MacBook Air 13"...all the other devises are fine!!!!!

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:34 PM

Take the Honeywell e-mail address and do a name change to a new e-mail address.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

If you have forgotten the password to the Honetwell ID.

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 2:34 PM in response to kurth185

Take the Honeywell e-mail address and do a name change to a new e-mail address.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

If you have forgotten the password to the Honetwell ID.

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Feb 27, 2018 10:06 AM in response to kurth185

What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID email address or password - https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using.

I also assume you actually changed the Apple ID on the account, you did not create a new account. If you created a new account the apps will have to be purchased again under that account.

Mar 1, 2018 11:19 AM in response to kurth185

Did you change the name (email address) on the old ID or did you create a new ID (sign up again)? They are very, very different. It is critical you understand the distinction.

If you created a new account then anything downloaded with the old account is tied to that account. If you want it you either have to use that account or buy a new copy.

If you changed your old ID but are still using the same account then when you update email or password you may find services are still trying to sign in under your old ID and you need to reset all those as I instructed in my first reply.

As for the iPad login, it would help to have a more detailed description of what is happening at what stage. I can think of 10 places where I could "login" on my iOS device.

Unable to update App Store showing my old employer Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.