Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand

I have a MacBook Pro and I am trying to create a mash-up on GarageBand, but every time I try to drag my music to the GarageBand app it says it's protected. How can I use the music I want?

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:26 AM

You cannot use protected songs in GarageBand.

For example, music downloaded from Apple Music is protected, also any song in your iTunes Library with the kind "protected AAC". Usually you can use songs that you purchased from the iTunes Store or songs you ripped from CDs, that do not have a protection. or songs you record to an audio track in GarageBand using a microphone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 10:26 AM in response to kfindlay00

You cannot use protected songs in GarageBand.

For example, music downloaded from Apple Music is protected, also any song in your iTunes Library with the kind "protected AAC". Usually you can use songs that you purchased from the iTunes Store or songs you ripped from CDs, that do not have a protection. or songs you record to an audio track in GarageBand using a microphone.

GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.